Lunchbox Dessert Recipe: Lorna’s Peach UnCobbler
I’ve introduced fruit back into my diet (another experiment, of course) by turning it into a dessert. This batch recipe makes enough for a daily lunchbox dessert for the week, for two–or a morning snack and an evening snack for that taste of sweetness that I sometimes crave.
- Peel 6 large fresh peaches. Dice.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons stevia (though you may prefer Splenda, sugar, or Xylitol) and 2 teaspoons powdered cinnamon over the peaches. You may prefer more or less sweetener and cinnamon–up to you.
- Stir to mix sweetener and cinnamon evenly.
- Spoon into 1/2 cups containers and refrigerate. (You could probably freeze it but it never lasts that long in my house.)
- Pack in lunchbox or leave in fridge. When you’re ready to eat it, microwave for 45 to 60 seconds in a microwave safe dish. Stir, let it cool long enough you don’t burn your tongue, and then savor!
In this particular batch, 6 peaches made 15 servings, but your mileage may vary.
Check the recipe category for more.