The Astrology of Meeting "The One"
NOTE TO READERS: This is the original “The Astrology of Meeting the One” article by Lorna Tedder, published in 2008. It has been lifted verbatim and republished without proper credit on various forums, which is a violation of my copyright. I have 3000 articles on this site and I work hard to provide thought-provoking information. Further, this article was erroneously tied to my daughter’s name after she allowed me to use her credited photo on the page; her name on Googled astrology forums was a hindrance to her job search. Please do not repost this article but rather, link back to it if you wish to share it. I’m not charging you to read it, but it IS my work and this is its rightful home. Thanks for understanding.
If you’re not interested in astrology, just skip this post because it’ll be too obscure for you. If you are, or you want to see how such patterns apply to your own love life and when you’ll find love again, keep reading. Or skip to the summary at the bottom.
Because I learn about astrology by applying it to my own life, I’m interested to see what patterns show up in the meeting of what we romantically call “The One,” or potential “The Ones.” So here’s a look at what was going on in my chart when I met 5 different men, at the point that a relationship started that was significant. I won’t provide dates for all of these but I’ll start 30 years ago as a teen and end with the most recent. Hmmm, this could be fun! Help me spot the trends and I’ll tell you what patterns I see in my “significant meetings.”
Depending on where in the year the relationship started, I look at the current or the coming solar year to see the focus for that year. For trends, I look to the progressed chart. To see if anything earth-shaking was happening at that moment of the first meeting, I look at transits.
- Saturn was transiting my 7th house of partnerships, at about 12 degrees
- True Node approaching my Vertex (turning point)
- SR Venus conjunct natal Venus
- SR Saturn conjunct natal Uranus
- Progressed Mars/Mercury/Chiron conjunct my natal Ascendant
- Progressed Sun and Ascendant conjunct within a few degrees
- Progressed Moon conjunct natal vertex within a couple of degrees
Transits: Not much going around the time of our first meeting–surprising since I later married this man but it was years later.
- Transiting Ceres (nurturing/mothering) conjunct natal Vertex (turning point)
Solar Chart: (note that this was DEFINITELY a year to fall in love–very clear in the chart for the year if not in the actually meeting time)
- SR Moon conjunct natal Moon
- SR Venus conjunct natal Ascendant
- SR Venus, Sun, Mars in 5th house (romance)
- SR Mars conjunct natal Venus
- SR Pluto and SR Lilith/Juno in 1st house
- Progressed Sun and Ascendant were in exact conjunction (I guess I was all shiny!)
- True Node transiting natal Sun
- SR Moon on Descendant (relationships)
- SR Jupiter conjunct natal Juno
- SR Pluto in 5th house and conjunct natal Neptune
- SR Vertex in the 5th house
- Progressed Mars conjunct Sun
- Uranus transitting natal Chiron (he was in the medical field)
- Lilith transitting natal True Node
- SR Vertex and Pluto in the 5th house
- SR Sun, Venus, Juno, Uranus in the 7th house
- SR Venus conjunct natal Ascendant
- Progressed Jupiter conjunct natal Ascendant (exact)
- Progressed Moon conjunct descendant within a few degrees
- Progressed Lilith conjunct natal Vertex, within a few degrees
- Uranus transitting natal Venus, 1st house
- Eclipse conjunct Jupiter/Mars/South Node
- Transitting True Node conjunct South Node (very karmic feel)
- Saturn transitting 7th house
- Sun transitting descendant
Solar Chart: (definitely a year focused on relationships)
- SR Vertex and Pluto in 5th house (AGAIN!!!!)
- SR Saturn in 7th house, conjunct natal Vertex
- SR Ceres conjunct natal descendant
- SR Uranus in 8th house, conjunct Venus
- SR Neptune, Jupiter, Juno, Chiron, Mercury, Mars all in 7th house, with True Node on Descendant line and Descendant conjunct natal Saturn
- Progressed Moon and Vertex conjunct, exact
- Progressed Lilith conjunct natal Vertex, exact
- Progressed Jupiter conjunct natal Ascendant within 1 degree
So what did I find out?
- According to this pattern, regardless of when I meet a man, that point where I fall in love and the relationship begins is in the fall of the year. EVERY TIME. Always between the end of August and early November. Outside that window, it’s just not happening. I may meet someone earlier in the year, but it’s never anything more than a dalliance and has no long-term effect. Autumn is when deep feelings and attachments begin for me.
- Conjunctions with my vertex, or the “turning point” in my chart, tend to signify a major relationship, particularly when in my progressed chart. This is especially true of Moon-Vertex conjunctions for me.
- Activity involving my Ascendant, Descendant, and Nodes tend to be significant.
- Solar return charts that are heavy on 7th house activity are significant but one very definite pattern is the appearance of Pluto in the 5th house of the year closest to when the relationship takes hold–as noted above, there’s either a baby involved or a major relationship begins to express itself. Now that’s worth looking closer at….
- Just for grins, I ran charts to see which years had Pluto in the 5th house and Pluto and Vertex in the 5th house, starting in 1978 (when it didn’t occur). This configuration has occurred 4 times, and each time was either a pregnancy or a major relationship. After this year, Pluto is not in my 5th house again until 2026…pretty doubtful I’ll still be fertile then, but hey, you never know. Technically a major new relationship doesn’t have to be a child or lover, I suppose. Too much can happen between now and then, so I won’t think quite that far ahead!
The two of you are so beautiful! I have solar return Pluto[for 2009]in my 5th house alo. This post has inspired me to look at my SR with more detail!
The SR chart is a WEALTH of info!
This is a really cool thing to look at. 🙂 I just ran up 30 years of Solar Returns – thanks to Kepler – and have found some astonishing things with my 5th house. Only with me, it’s Uranus in the 5th. Uranus rules my natal chart and is in my 7th house natally. Thanks!
could you please tell me a little more about what’s in the future for me. I have been reading about Pluto and vertex…but it has been a little bit hard to digest it all 😉
My divorce got final this year. I have gone back to college…and i just met someone. Everything is in the early stages. And I’m confused. Please help 😉
My birthday: 08/11/1976
Oh one last thing. The guy I just met got in touch with me on Feb 9th of this year. Through emails. I like him a lot. But i don’t want to get hurt. I was abused for 7 years during my last marriage. Haven’t had any kind of real intimacy since 2006 and haven’t dated anyone since. Pitiful. I know. I’m just scared of people. It’s just too dangerous for me to get too close to people.
Should I let him in in my sanctum ?
That’s your choice to make. If you’re not ready, you’re not ready. Sometimes it takes a while to heal. As for reading for you, this is my hobby that I share and I have to put my time on work that pays. If you’re curious or enjoy astrology, then the best way to figure it out is by researching and applying it to your life and those around you to see how it fits. If you’re looking for a professional reading, there are lots of professional astrologers to pick from. I personally like Jim Sher (google him). He’s offering readings now at reduced rates.
A friend just sent me the link to your blog and I found it very interesting. I am an astrologer and writer too but just getting into blogging although I have 15 filled journal notebooks. I just wanted to tell you that I added your blog to mine and will be reading more. Maybe you’ll stop by at mine.
Looking forward to more good reads. Jean
I’ll check it out! Thanks!
I can see the future, its us!
Thank you for sharing your findings. I am a student of Astrology (over 40 years) and am amazed at the interest and quality of the material available because of blogs like yours. (More please!)
Popular use and application of computers to study astrology has enabled anyone interested to compile verifiable empirical evidence efficiently.
The math is no longer an issue.
Internet access to data banks, libraries, and the discoveries of blogging, amateur moonlighters, kitchen-table researchers, as well as educated credentialed scientists who share their findings is a click or keystroke away.*
Just as events confirming opposition to the ruling government in Iran were heard and seen around the world â€“transmitted to us by first hand, man-in-the-street witnesses,
(unfiltered, un- censored, un biased, un-supported by corporate or government, or advertising $) through cell-phones and Twitter (!) blew our collective minds â€“
Our ability to communicate, network, and distribute our findings and our thoughts effectively and economically applies to many disciplines and subjects. Hopefully, (and at an unimagined rate) – this will move society forward to the Truth.
If only I can get certain people to quit adding to the glut of stupidity â€“ when they circulate rumors of internet hoaxes (Net-Trash)- through lists of their â€œfriends,â€ added to their friends lists of friends, etc. Just Google it before repeating it. Someone else has already determined itâ€™s not true and posted it ..
* And soon enough, I hope we will also use VOIP and applications like Skype, with automatic translation services to reach each other.
OMG! Just viewed my own major relationship:
Pluto Uranus and north node in Fifth H / North node conjuct Vertex 13 deg (1 deg orb)!
And that’s just to start!
Doncha love it?! Wow, that is soooo dead on.
May I ask where is your natal vertex located? I’m just trying to see something …