Lunchbox Dessert Recipe: Lorna’s Peach UnCobbler
I’ve introduced fruit back into my diet (another experiment, of course) by turning it into a dessert. This batch recipe makes enough for a daily lunchbox dessert for the week, for two–or a Â morning snack and an evening snack for that taste of sweetness that I sometimes crave.
1. Â Peel 6 large fresh peaches. Â Dice.
2. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons stevia (though you may prefer Splenda, sugar, or Xylitol) and 2 teaspoons powdered cinnamon over the peaches. Â You may prefer more or less sweetener and cinnamon–up to you.
3. Â Stir to mix sweetener and cinnamon evenly.
4. Â Spoon into 1/2 cups containers and refrigerate. Â (You could probably freeze it but it never lasts that long in my house.)
5. Pack in lunchbox or leave in fridge. Â When you’re ready to eat it, microwave for 45 to 60 seconds in a microwave safe dish. Â Stir, let it cool long enough you don’t burn your tongue, and then savor!
In this particular batch, 6 peaches made 15 servings, but your mileage may vary.
Check the recipe category for more.
You may also like:
Magick’ly Delicious: Â A Pagan Cookbook
by Lorna Tedder and daughters
Published by Spilled Candy Books
28 of our favorite recipes for esbats, sabbats, and other memorable feasts, including Beltane, Samhain, and Solstice.
Originally published in theÂ Gifts for the GoddessÂ series.