Weirdness on All Accounts
Copyrighted by Lorna Tedder. Originally published in Third Degree of Contrast.
1. When the attorney I work with advised me to take up drinking, I thought, hey, this canâ€™t be good. But I went home and had a fabulous dinner Aislinn cooked and then took his advice and had a glass of wine.
2. Intense emotions have been coming through empathically Â since Â early Â afternoon. Â This Â was hours Â before the conversation with legal counsel. Jump-out-of-my-skin strong. I was in the middle of a light and enjoyable strategy analysis when it hit unexpectedly. The last time I had anything come through this strongly was the day Daddy died, a month ago, but that was a tremendous Â heaviness around the time of his heart attack and this was more like butterfliesÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â in Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â the Â Â Â Â Â Â stomach Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â and Â Â Â Â Â IÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â couldÂ almost feel…fidgeting…a Â bounciness. Â It Â wasnâ€™t Â bad, Â just Â so Â intense that it was uncomfortable Â but in a pleasant sort of uncomfortable. Like Â going Â on-stage and Â being Â nervous but excited, too. Made me wonder, why so Â strong right now? Â GeographicalÂ Â proximity?Â Â ClearÂ Â weather?Â Â Some change in me? The amplification Â was startling. The last time I had Â a Â feeling Â anywhere Â near Â this Â â€œtextureâ€ Â was when Shannon and I were on the boardwalk in Daytona and thought someone was watching us. I think Â this was stronger. In fact, itâ€™s still a good connection Â hours later, though the wine has muted it somewhat, enough for me to calm down.
3. Strange and insightful conversations Â at a luncheon. Iâ€™d had a couple of questions that I couldnâ€™t ask anyone without giving away some personal information. But Cyn started talking about her son and damn, if she didnâ€™t tell give me a peek at some information Â that will be really good to know in the future. My boss described her sonâ€™s situation and I Â got confirmation Â on something that had worried Â me. Beside Â me, two Â more Â colleagues Â in a side conversation hit upon the same information without realizing the other conversations. These tidbits werenâ€™t normal lunch talk, and in all the years Iâ€™ve known these people, Iâ€™ve never heard it before, largely because these were all new situations Â that had just happened in the last few months. It was likeÂ theÂ Universe Â had said, Â â€œYou Â have questions on Â ? Hereâ€™s Â whatÂ you need to know Â to deal with this. Just listen.â€ This really does happen occasionally with some of my coworkers, Â to the point of me sitting quietly at my desk, working and pondering a personal situation when one willâ€”no kiddingâ€”walk into my office and tell me the answer Iâ€™m looking for, then say, â€œI have no idea why I felt I needed to come tell you this.â€
4. Death Cab for Cutie has been playing in my head all evening. Specifically, â€œIâ€™ll Follow You into the Dark.â€ Beautiful lyrics, but hard to listen to since Daddyâ€™s death. Not the full songâ€™s Â playing Â though…more Â of Â the â€œSo I never went backâ€ part and the â€œIâ€™ll follow you into the darkâ€ part. Â A couple Â of days ago, Â it was Â Green Â Dayâ€™s â€œWhen I Come Around,â€ just that phrase over and over. My dreams are always about movement, and it seems my personal soundtrack is that way as of late.
5. The â€œQueen of Cupsâ€ my guides had told me was coming to take Â over my organization has not been officially announced to those of us who will be working for her. Itâ€™s Â a big Â secret Â weâ€™re Â not Â supposed Â to Â know Â yet (nobody told my guides that). Two people today in other organizations told me it had been formally announced in their offices Â this Â week. Â I Â get Â along Â very Â well with Â this woman but my feeling that thereâ€™ll be big changes at work are confirmed by her appearance on the scene, if nothing else. Her predecessor Â left unexpectedly, and I knew that was happening. Now this. Iâ€™ve worked for her before but never for more Â than Â a few months. Â One of us always leaves within three months of a Â boss-employee Â relationship. Hmmmm. If that long.
6. I was too zonked after my walk tonight to do anything. Total sensory overload. So I took a 5-hour nap and now Iâ€™m back up. I never Â take 5-hour naps. I rarely get that Â much Â sleep Â all Â night. Â I Â think Â Iâ€™ll Â goÂ back Â to Â bed now….
Tomorrowâ€™s going to be even stranger, I think.
Omigods, the moon is now in Scorpio. Yes, tomorrow will be even more intense.