Weirdness on All Accounts
Copyrighted by Lorna Tedder. Originally published in Third Degree of Contrast.
1. When the attorney I work with advised me to take up drinking, I thought, hey, this can’t be good. But I went home and had a fabulous dinner Aislinn cooked and then took his advice and had a glass of wine.
2. Intense emotions have been coming through empathically since early afternoon. This was hours before the conversation with legal counsel. Jump-out-of-my-skin strong. I was in the middle of a light and enjoyable strategy analysis when it hit unexpectedly. The last time I had anything come through this strongly was the day Daddy died, a month ago, but that was a tremendous heaviness around the time of his heart attack and this was more like butterflies in the stomach and I could almost feel…fidgeting…a bounciness. It wasn’t bad, just so intense that it was uncomfortable but in a pleasant sort of uncomfortable. Like going on-stage and being nervous but excited, too. Made me wonder, why so strong right now? Geographical proximity? Clear weather? Some change in me? The amplification was startling. The last time I had a feeling anywhere near this “texture” was when Shannon and I were on the boardwalk in Daytona and thought someone was watching us. I think this was stronger. In fact, it’s still a good connection hours later, though the wine has muted it somewhat, enough for me to calm down.
3. Strange and insightful conversations at a luncheon. I’d had a couple of questions that I couldn’t ask anyone without giving away some personal information. But Cyn started talking about her son and damn, if she didn’t tell give me a peek at some information that will be really good to know in the future. My boss described her son’s situation and I got confirmation on something that had worried me. Beside me, two more colleagues in a side conversation hit upon the same information without realizing the other conversations. These tidbits weren’t normal lunch talk, and in all the years I’ve known these people, I’ve never heard it before, largely because these were all new situations that had just happened in the last few months. It was like the Universe had said, “You have questions on ? Here’s what you need to know to deal with this. Just listen.” This really does happen occasionally with some of my coworkers, to the point of me sitting quietly at my desk, working and pondering a personal situation when one will—no kidding—walk into my office and tell me the answer I’m looking for, then say, “I have no idea why I felt I needed to come tell you this.”
4. Death Cab for Cutie has been playing in my head all evening. Specifically, “I’ll Follow You into the Dark.” Beautiful lyrics, but hard to listen to since Daddy’s death. Not the full song’s playing though…more of the “So I never went back” part and the “I’ll follow you into the dark” part. A couple of days ago, it was Green Day’s “When I Come Around,” just that phrase over and over. My dreams are always about movement, and it seems my personal soundtrack is that way as of late.
5. The “Queen of Cups” my guides had told me was coming to take over my organization has not been officially announced to those of us who will be working for her. It’s a big secret we’re not supposed to know yet (nobody told my guides that). Two people today in other organizations told me it had been formally announced in their offices this week. I get along very well with this woman but my feeling that there’ll be big changes at work are confirmed by her appearance on the scene, if nothing else. Her predecessor left unexpectedly, and I knew that was happening. Now this. I’ve worked for her before but never for more than a few months. One of us always leaves within three months of a boss-employee relationship. Hmmmm. If that long.
6. I was too zonked after my walk tonight to do anything. Total sensory overload. So I took a 5-hour nap and now I’m back up. I never take 5-hour naps. I rarely get that much sleep all night. I think I’ll go back to bed now….
Tomorrow’s going to be even stranger, I think.
Omigods, the moon is now in Scorpio. Yes, tomorrow will be even more intense.