Copyrighted by Lorna Tedder. Originally published in Third Degree Curves.
This note accompanied a mix CD, a gift from my daughter, and quite possibly the most touching thing I have ever read in my life. Or heard. I love the way the music goes from somber to…light and Disney Â and optimistic Â and so full of joy. The Â contents Â are printed below.
The Circle of Life
I couldnâ€™t even begin to imagine how life would be now if itâ€™d not been for your courageous Â transformation these past few years. Or maybe Â I Â can imagine, and so I applaud you even more. Your life is inspiring Â and your love is my biggest comfort. As you well know, I express my emotions many times through the music that captures my heart. So, I hope this mix will better show those emotions.
These songs tell your story [or at least how I saw it.]
1. â€œNo Jokes â€“ Factâ€ is a simple ambiance track that seems to sum up the calm and soothing feeling you gave my childhood.
2. â€œShelterâ€ is one of the first songs I ever rememberÂ in which you and I would dance around the living room. It reminds me of those happy moments when I was little and when your loving protection was my entire world.
3. â€œPassenger Â Seatâ€ reminds me of one of the happiest memories in my life. The trip you and I took the summer before my 8th grade. This is when we reconnected in a relationship stronger than ever.
4. â€œOf Â Angels Â and Â Anglesâ€ Â starts Â getting Â into Â the more difficult times a few years ago. The reason this song reminds me of you so much Â is Â the line, â€œThereâ€™s a low moon caught Â in your Â tangles.â€ Â The Â line Â makes Â meÂ re- member the tangled emotions of that period and yet you always had that low moon and your inner strength that is so beautiful.
5. Â â€œThisÂ Â PlaceÂ Â IsÂ Â aÂ Â Prisonâ€Â Â isÂ Â self-explanatory. â€œPretending thereâ€™s glamour and candelabra when youâ€™re drinking by candlelight.â€ Itâ€™s Â that dark, slow time where nothing seemed right. The darkest dark before the light.
6. â€œJasmine Runs Awayâ€ is the breaking free.
7. â€œCalendar Girlâ€ is that harsh period after you filed for Â divorceÂ Â and Â in Â the Â long Â months Â that Â followed. â€œCalendar girl whoâ€™s in love Â with the world, stay alive.â€ Though it still seems to have a hope for the future.
8. â€œDoing the Unstuckâ€ is the reclaiming of your fire. â€œItâ€™s a perfect day for a letting go, for setting fire to boats and bridges and other dreary worlds you know. Letâ€™s get happy.â€
9. â€œThank You. â€œ Â â€œHow bout remembering Â your divinity?â€
10. â€œSoul Meets Body.â€ Two reasons for this song. 1)your soul meets body and that is a rare and wonderful thing 2) this is Â the time where he comes along and you two seem to connect on so many levels, but especially the soul level.
11. â€œPurpose.â€ â€œItâ€™s that little flame that lights a fire under your Â ass.â€ Â Because you are one of the lucky few who knows their lifeâ€™s purpose and realizes how to honor that purpose.
12. â€œCircle Â of Lifeâ€ reminds me of new beginnings and of bright new days. The wheel of life keeps turning and I canâ€™t wait to see where you take it next.
13. â€œA Whole New World.â€ Sorry to be obvious and cheesy with a Disney song, but do you get the point?